Friday, April 4, 2008

Cake II final

Last night my mom and I completed Cake decorating II at the specialty shop. Our final cake must incorporate all the elements we learned in the class. So this cake had to have a basket weave, Royal icing flowers, and some color flow birds. I guess when you stay home all day with the kids you have time to be crazy creative and turn your cake into a bonnet like my mom did, but I was rushing to get home from school and was stuck with a standard cake design.



























My mom also was able to take a Fondant class that was on Wednesday nights. I couldn't take it because of school but she'll teach me what she knows and we also will work with fondant in Cake III. Here's her final cake for Fondant.



5 comments:

Bethany said...

Oh it looks like you are having so much fun! I wish I could take a cake class too!

Martha said...

Let me assure you, staying home with the kids all day does not necessarily give you time to BE crazy, but it might just drive you there.

The cakes are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I agree with everyone ...those cakes are beautiful...I am sooo proud of y'all! Wish I could spend some time..but it might be some time before I will be able to travel anywhere...but I shore do miss you!

Anonymous said...

I agree with everyone ...those cakes are beautiful...I am sooo proud of y'all! Wish I could spend some time..but it might be some time before I will be able to travel anywhere...but I shore do miss you!

Sara said...

These are AMAZING! Love you!