Wednesday, January 30, 2008

2 hour delay and shut-downs

It's funny... in 8 months I will be living in a city that gets several feet of snow all winter long. They have mastered the art of road clearing and, even if it is Icy, regular things rarely shut down. Just tough it out- It snows in Montreal and life can't stop because of it.

Yesterday it snowed MAYBE an inch and that's pushing it. It came spontaneously at midnight for about an hour and then it was over. Nothing I would regularly be concerned about.... This little bit of snow caused a little bit of ice... again nothing that I would think should be that influencing on the world of ABQ's daily activities. But I was wrong! They shut down APS and Rio Rancho school districts and gave UNM, Sandia Nat'l Labs, and many other places 2-hour delays. It's ridiculous! I know now why so many New Mexicans never go North- they wouldn't know what to do with themselves!

I did get out of going to pilates, which was nice only because I didn't want to wear workout clothes in the cold and I got to make a nice breakfast of waffles, bacon, and orange juice.

Crazy Albuquerqueans

No comments: