Friday, March 12, 2010

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back!

So I haven't written a blog in a really long time. There are many reasons for this... 1- I don't have all the much time on my hands (being a mom now and not having access to the computer all the time), 2- it has been said by some that I know that blogging is not "in" anymore because of Twitter and FB and no one reads them, and 3- I'd love to be a GOOD blogger like Pioneer woman or even my Aunt Martha. They somehow are able to write interesting blogs at least once a day if not more! I never feel like I really have anything interesting to write about or the things that I do want to talk about (thoughts and feelings and the like) are frankly sometimes TOO personal for the whole world to have access to or things that probably shouldn't be said because they'll come back to bite me in the butt and I'll regret them a week later.
I've been trying to be better about what come out of my mouth (or is written by my fingertips) because I just don't want to be that person that is hurtful, spiteful, or considered rude. I'm not always good at it, sometimes my tongue likes to run off and spout things it shouldn't. But I feel God has been helping me and teaching me that that is not what He desires of me. Well honestly, He's been trying to teach it to me for about 14 years! I'm just now trying to REALLY watch everything instead of just watering down what I want to say. But more than that, more than me just watching what comes out of my mouth but still thinking it, God is actually changing my heart and my mind. I'm trying to keep the filth out of my heart- to be more forgiving, to be more loving, to be more kind, and to kill any bitterness before it takes root. It's definitely not always easy- it's much easier to get mad, be hurt, etc but I've found living the way God desires of me, with forgiveness and kindness, makes me much happier than being narcissistic. Well, there's one blog for you! If I start speaking badly about people or you can sense I'm angry, you can let me know to help keep me accountable. Have a beautiful day friends!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You sound very much like your mother. I am glad you are going to try blogging more. I like hearing what is on your mind, and what is in the life of a new Christian Mother in Montana. I too will try blogging on a more regular basis. Aunt Martha is awesome. We could learn a lot from following her blog. I also like Beth's.