Friday, December 11, 2009

A series of Firsts

This last week has been kinda fun for me. He keeps getting bigger, which will always be bittersweet. I was looking at a picture this morning from the first few days home and he's so incredibly tiny and skinny, now he's got cute little pudgy cheeks! As he gets bigger, we get to try new things. I got to give him a bath in his cute little whale tub! He seems to love bath time as long as I make sure he stays warm. He's making some funny faces in these pictures but that's actually pretty typical. He just hangs out in the tub while I wash his body and pour the warm water on him. I use the washcloth to keep him warm. He's such a sweetie and such a good boy for mommy.





He likes his swing too. It gives him a good view of what's going on and he'll just stare at things as it rocks back and forth. He actually was able to track the cute little bugs that rotate on the mobile above him the other day. It's so fun to watch him develop and notice new things!


The last "new" thing that we got to experience this week was sleeping in his big crib! He's been sleeping in the bassinet in our room or our bed and I decided I didn't want him to be scared of his room or crib once we were ready to fully transition him into his room. So during naps during the day I started putting him into his crib. He went down pretty seamlessly at first- a couple whines or 5-10 min of crying and then he's out for an hour or so. Once he wakes up, he doesn't like to go back down to sleep so I have to figure out the right proportion of wake time and sleep time so he doesn't wake up too early to eat. But it's been fun to try new things with him and see how he responds. He's so cute in his big crib! This is a horrible picture because I snuck in when he was already asleep and it was kinda dark in there and I didn't want to use the flash.

No comments: