Wednesday, December 9, 2009

First Month- Beckett

I can't believe it's already been 5 weeks! So Crazy!

I've found the difficult part for me, as the mother, is to see the changes that are occurring everyday. Johnny is always telling everyone about how much Beckett has changed since he was born. I have to consciously pay attention and look for those changes since I'm with him everyday and the changes are still gradual or something that I experience all the time. Johnny even used it as an illustration in his teaching on Sunday and talked about how Beckett liked being swaddled at first and now is all sprawled out when he sleeps. I know that's true, but it's not something I actually consciously recognized as a "change". Even in the last 2 weeks he moved from sleeping on his side with his hands by his face to laying on his back with his arms spread straight out to the sides.

So lets talk about some changes. He has eyebrows now! He was born with a full head of hair and absolutely no eyelashes or eyebrows. Everyday the eyebrows get darker and more defined and the eyelashes get longer- so cute! He's a pretty mellow guy but he is starting to be more and more inquisitive. He's a thinker I've decided (I actually have no idea what's going on in there) but he will just look around the room and stare at stuff and take it in. He follows things around with his eyes and loves tummy time. He can move his head from side to side to follow our voices around the room. I even noticed today the strength that has developed in his spine and neck when I try to burp him. I used to drape him on my hand sitting on my lap and he would just crumple into a ball and now he actually can support himself across my hand. He slept in his crib during nap today and went down with only 5 min of crying. He's such a good boy. Now I'm the one who needs to be disciplined and make sure I put him back to sleep in his bed after his middle of the night feeding.

I can't believe how fast he's growing and how quickly this is going to go by- I see my friends with their babies that they had in May. It seems like that was only yesterday but it's been 7 months and they are so big! He's going to be so big so soon. I need to appreciate every moment, that's for sure!

No comments: