Wednesday, July 15, 2009

4 Years

Today we celebrate 4 years of marriage! It's hard to believe that we've been married for 4 years already... it seems like just yesterday we were setting up for the wedding and I was rushing off to my hair appointment. There were so many things to do and, probably for the first time ever, I was not as prepared as I would have wanted. I was very ready to be married, but unlike all the wedding books tell you to have your bags packed ahead of time and yada yada... I waited until the last minute! I showed up late to get my makeup done and was still rushing to finish all the little details as I was told it was time to go! But the second I stepped through the door into the sanctuary, all those little things faded away and I was nothing but smiles as I looked up at my soon to be husband gasping for breath and on the verge of tears. I was so happy and in love! And although it's been said time and time again, I am more in love with him today than I was then! Our joys and struggles have grown us and bonded us together more closely than I could have imagined.

We've gone through several jobs, transitions, ministries, we've moved and left family which has allowed us to live our adventure relying on each other, So many things have changed... And now, today, we have another adventure on our horizon. Parenthood! And after 4 years, I think we're finally ready ;-)

It's funny- the 3 previous anniversaries I stressed for weeks about getting the right gift and what we were going to do and how we were going to celebrate. And for some reason, this year I just haven't. A piece of me feels like this is the last anniversary we will spend together as just a couple and we should do something extravagant, and yet, it just doesn't seem that necessary. We woke up together this morning and our little boy woke up with us to the alarm and we just laid there for 30 minutes snuggling and and both of us feeling him kick. Even if they are hard kicks, I don't mind, I just smile and love to feel him moving. Johnny gets so excited! We made pancakes and eggs and ate breakfast together and then I got ready for work and Johnny got ready to go fishing up in Glacier. And you know what, that's alright with me! I am happy! It was a beautiful morning!

Next year we will have a little boy crawling around, and who knows what the year after that holds, but I'm excited for whatever it brings and many more years with my wonderful Husband!

No comments: