Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree!

It's late at night but i finally got the tree decorated. This was a first time experience for me. Not the decorating of the tree but decorating a REAL tree. My family has always done fake and I even still will proudly proclaim the ease of a fake tree. However, Johnny grew up with real trees and on Sunday I was given the opportunity to let him have his real tree. I normally don't want to do it because 1. going to a parking lot to pick one out of a mass is lame and 2. why would I pay for a tree when I have a beautiful, new, pre-lighted tree that my mom bought us at a garage sale for $5. But anyway, the opportunity was that we have some friends up here who have some land where Christmas trees just grow naturally and they were having their Second Annual Tree Hunt and Cut party on Sunday. We (that is the Lusko's, Trammels, Guido's, Carrie and Elisha, Eric, Gayla and the boys, Kimports, and Rays) enjoyed some delicious chili and cornbread as well as hot apple cider with whip cream. Then we all bundled up and went out to walk the property and find a tree for each of our homes. This was an experience and a memory that I wanted to be apart of, so although Johnny was stuck at work, I went with the Trammels and picked us a tree.
It was really fun! Johnny and I had bought a fancy tree holder earlier so when I got home I just had to wait for him to come home the the base so we could decorate!

Well, he got home pretty late and we didn't have Christmas lights (things you forget when you tree is pre-lighted) so we just put the tree up and fill the base with water. Well we got the nice one that has a little pour spout for easy watering and Johnny decided he didn't want to pay much attention to that. He was looking in the top trying to fill it all the way up (the spout is half way down) and the water just started pouring out everywhere! Thankfully it was just the water and soaked up fast. So finally after waiting all day (really 3 days since I normally set up the day after Thanksgiving) Johnny brought home some lights and we got to put all the ornaments up! I'm used to a really full tree so I'm going to have to buy some plumes or berries or something to give the tree a little more richness. I love Christmas!

4 comments:

Martha said...

Ooooo! Pretty!

Doug and Amanda said...

I like! You always do such a great job decorating.

Martha said...

Do you have snow yet? Ours is all gone. We are waiting for the second batch.

Tori said...

Nope no snow. Some days you can tell it really wants to, and all the mountains have some, but the valley is bare.