Monday, December 15, 2008

Emma's 2nd Birthday!

So Friday was Emma's 2nd Birthday (the party was Sunday). And I must say I just love this little girl. I know I shouldn't play favorites but I can't help it. The Trammels have been our best friends for years and when Emma was born we were around her a lot! She was the first baby I was around (that wasn't a sibling) and the first one I wasn't afraid to hold and cuddle. She always says the cutest things, makes the funnest faces, she's incredibly smart, and I've just loved watching her grow.



Well Emma loves goofy. And so since I got to make her cake for her birthday, I just wanted it to be so cool! I had a hard week emotionally and physically just being sick and all. I stressed and contemplated how to make things easier on myself. I was trying and trying to simplify the cake, but everytime I minimized the ideas in my head they just seemed LAME! I just wanted this little girl to LOVE her cake. So I got over myself and just did what I planned all along.




Thanks to Eric Melzer for the last 3 shots- they have better color and angles than the ones I took. The party was fun too! Everything was Mickey Mouse clubhouse style. Sara worked so hard to make it special. Tons of decor, fun special food, goody bags for kids, and it just looked awesome! Even though it was mostly adults- we all embraced the disney culture and it was fun to see all of us chilling on the couch (including/mostly guys) watching The Little Mermaid.

1 comment:

Carrie Rowe said...

the cake was adorable and delicious, great job!!! also, that last pic is so cool.