Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Decorating for Christmas

Christmas time is fast approaching, 35 more days I think, but Thanksgiving hasn't even passed yet. For almost all holidays, I hate when they pull out the goods to be sold long before they're due. Like selling for Valentines the day after Christmas and Easter baskets the day after Valentines and so on and so forth. But there is one holiday that I am always excited to see, CHRISTMAS! So many believe it shouldn't even be talked about until at least the day after Thanksgiving but not me. Here in Kalispell at work I listen to live streaming of Magic 99.5, a radio station in Albuquerque that has been playing Christmas music earlier and earlier. It's all they play from now until Christmas. I will also say that it brings joy to my heart that my new town is as equally excited about Christmas as I am! On Sunday, as we drove to church, I saw that the mall had put up some wreaths and decor and I was fairly excited about that. However, it wasn't too surprising... even in ABQ the malls got decorated. But last night, again as we drove toward church, I noticed EVERY single lightpost had garland, lights, and red bows! And they are just getting started! Yay for small town life! I can't wait for the first snow and to see all the garland up and the lights shining! This lamp post was right outside the strand.

1 comment:

Martha said...

You have the decorations and we have the snow.