Tuesday, January 15, 2008

My legs hurt!

We went snowboarding on Sunday! We haven't been in 2 years! This was only my second time and while I've picked it up pretty naturally I still have my couple of wipe outs. I broke my leg skiing when I was 8 because I lost control when I was going too fast and I still have that fear that I might lose control again. I can carve and as long as I stay kinda slow I can stay up but the second I point my board straight down the mountain and start going too fast I freak out, flip my board around to the front, heel edge, and then fall. So pretty much my whole body hurts...

Only 4 of us went, Johnny and I took Joslyn Chavez and Nikki (she's visiting from Belize) up with us. Both of them had never been before but they seemed to have a fun enough time. Nikki got altitude sickness right away and has pretty much decided she's never going again.

Johnny was so stoked to be up there. I finally stopped at around 2:30 and told him to just go have fun and in an hour and a half he hit every single lift and almost all the runs. He had such a goofy smile it was so cute!

I wanted to post pictures on here but I left my phone in the car. I was kinda afraid that I would fall and break my new phone and I didn't want that, so you are now deprived, sorry!

No comments: