Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Fresh Life's 2nd Birthday

A week ago today was Fresh Life's 2nd Birthday. About 2 weeks before that I was asked to make a cake for the celebration. This is what I came up with, the replica of the building. Fresh Life has been meeting in the Strand Theater for about a year and I thought it would be really fun to try and make the Strand. It was a little more difficult that I thought with lots of little details made of fondant and painting with food coloring but I had been wanting to try for awhile and needed a reason to make a cake of this scale. It was REALLY heavy! Thankfully I had my husband there to carry it for me. It is 4 11x15 cakes, the bottom two were French Vanilla and the top layers were Devils food. I got a pretty good response and was able to place business cards by the cake. Hopefully this takes off so that I can be a stay at home mom someday and still help financially.



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Doug and Amanda said...

UR so cool. I wish I had edible talents. Keep it up!

Jake Bramante said...

That cake was so much fun. I loved it!