Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Coupon Extravaganza

On Friday we had a girls night. We went to taco john's (disgusting) and then a coupon party with the "coupon lady". Jayne Hartman hosted and it was a little bit like a tupperware party or something. We sat there munching on delicious sweets while the "coupon lady" proceeded to astound us with what horrible stewards we are of are money and how could cut our grocery/shopping bill to 20% of what it once was. At the beginning we got to look at the massive amount of food (seen in picture by Elisha) and guess how much it cost her to buy it at the grocery store. I figured, "ok, she likes deals, so I'm going to guess everything is about $1 each". I counted and got $32. I thought I was clever. She had a 14lb turkey in there and almost everything you'd need for the full dinner! Well the grand total was $16... Elisha guessed $15 and won the all the food. I guess that's what's great about going to those kinds of things with 6 other girlfriends and thanksgiving around the corner... it didn't really matter which one of us won because we'd all share most of the food at the staff thanksgiving! It was overall a fun night, and while I don't think I'll ever be as intense as the "coupon lady" who doesn't buy a single thing without a coupon and stocks up on so much stuff she has racks behind every door to hold it all, it is a good thing to realize that coupons really can help.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Can the coupon lady come to my house? I am trying my best to learn how to coupon right. I have had several good tips from my blog friend Jessica. (http://paulsbride.blogspot.com) She could host a coupon party too.