Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Update

Hello all! I just thought I'd give a little rundown before I head off to service in the Park of what's been going on with us since we moved to Montana.

First things first, no we don't have jobs. Johnny has finally been able to carve some time to start looking but we have both been so busy helping with all the events here at fresh life that it's been difficult to sit down on the Internet and job hunt (since that's how everything is done these days) and it doesn't help that we don't even have Internet at our house so we can't just do it late in the evening while we're at home. We have come to the decision that I will not get a job until after we are done hosting our guests. Kelli O'hea is staying with us next week and some time in August my family should be coming up. In the meantime, I will help with whatever they need me for at the church and work on developing my cake business. Hopefully the cakes take off and I won't ever have to get a job.

We moved into our apartment about 2 weeks ago and, since neither of us are working, settled in quickly. We bought a new couch and table set since we left both those things behind. I love our apartment and will post pictures as soon as everything is finalized. The only thing we're really missing now is some tall bookshelves and a tall dresser.

No there is no baby. I am not pregnant as far as I know. However, we're no longer opposed to the idea and would welcome a baby if God chose that now was the time. I'll let you all know if God moves in that direction for us.

Ministry is GREAT! Johnny has had the opportunity to teach 4 times already and there are more opportunities just around the corner. We had to move ahead of schedule and I went and bought him a desk for our room because he really needed his own place. We're so excited to see what God is going to do in him. I have been helping with Adored (the high/mid school girls) and the children's ministry and learning what I can to try and take a little bit off each of the women's shoulders. All are so busy and I want to help where ever they need me. We love the church and feel so at home. We know this is where God has us and love being here. We love the city, the fellowship, the new people, everything!

I think that's it for now. I'm working on updating our web page with pics and will let you know when we do. We miss you all Family back home!!! We can't wait for you to visit!

2 comments:

Doug and Amanda said...

Thanks for the update! I'm glad you are enjoying it there. And I hope your cake business does well. I know you definitely have the talent.

Martha said...

I ave enjoyed following your blog and getting a little glimpse into your life. Maybe next time the family gets together, we will feel like we know each other a little bit better. I always thought it sad for cousins to grow up so far away from each other and I missed knowing my nieces and nephews. I hope you don't mind me hanging around.