Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Day by Day

10 days until I graduate and 41 until I move to Montana...

I remember when I first did the countdown and I had 40 days until I graduated, but now here we are, and I have 10. It's surreal. I still have a lot of work to finish up the semester so I don't feel like it's going to come so soon. Thankfully the announcements are out and it's one less thing I have to worry about, now I just have to plan the party! My mom's house at 7:30 on May 17th after my graduation!

Even more nuts is trying to figure out when and how we're getting to Montana. Should we go the 16th and load a small trailer (we'd have to leave behind any large furniture) which is the cheapest way. But then again we'd have to buy a new bed and some other things. Should we go up with just some suitcases on the 20th and my parents come up after camp with a larger trailer? Problem with that is that they'd have to bunk with us and we don't even know where we're living yet. Almost every big uhaul truck to move will cost us 1500 or more and I'm not really down with that. One of our most recent ideas is to go up to Montana after our San Fran trip and stay there for 2 weeks to find a house and help with camp, and then come back to ABQ to pack up just to turn around and go right back up. My parents would come up too but at least we'd be there to help them load and stuff. That would be really difficult though and we'd have to make sure that we tie off all loose ends before we even go to Cali. I know God will open the doors to the right one and make everything work out, I just had to cover and look at all our options. I'm not worried, we'll get up there one way or the other. The only thing I am worried about is this vacation to San Fran, which will cost us 1000, and I think it totally impractical. However, Johnny needs that time with his family and we've already committed so it's really hard to say no now. One of our options is to fly back half way through the trip so that we not only save a couple hundred but we also have more time to pack and whatnot. So if you see any really great flights from SF or Oakland to ABQ on June 10 or 11 let us know! ;-)

1 comment:

Martha said...

That is a lot to think about! I'm sure the Lord will be working out the details and I'm looking forward to hearing about the adventure and what life is really like in Montana.