Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Exciting News!

Well after my super long blog about how I didn't know what we were going to be doing, I thought I'd offer a bit of an update...

We are moving to Kalispell, Montana! Ever since Levi and Jennie Lusko moved to Kalispell to start Fresh Life Church, we've always felt in our heart a desire to join them and become part of this exciting work. However, it really was never the right time. Johnny needed to figure some stuff out and I still had an entire year of school left. More importantly than that though, we really wanted to be used, to really be an asset and help as much as we could, and at all the previous times we considered going, there really wasn't a need. The great staff up there had it all covered and we didn't really want to go just to attend Sunday services, we wanted to help with Sunday services! Well now the Lord has done AWESOME things in the Flathead valley and the church has a regular attendance of 650 people every Sunday!!!! I will also be done with school in 24 days, and we are both so ready to go out and be somewhere new and have new growth in our lives. We are so stoked to see what God is going to do with us up there!

We leave June 17th (probably, still got some kinks to work out). Our next month and a half is going to be so ridiculously crazy! I have 2 more weeks of school before I graduate, then I have two weeks to work full time and raise some money as well as pack up my entire apartment and paint it back to white, then we're going on a vacation with Johnny's family to Vegas, Tahoe, and San Fran where we will hopefully return the 10th, we'll have 6 days to finish everything up and say goodbye and then we're off! You think that's crazy, well when we get there, we'll have 5 days to figure out where we're staying (either we'll have a house or be shaking up with the Trammel family until we find a place) and then we will join Coy and the Fresh life youth at their summer camp for 5 days! This time is going to be so fun, and SOOOO crazy. I know I'm gonna love it but a little piece of me is really looking forward to JULY. When I can unpack our stuff into our new place and get settled, find a job, and really just find my niche up there.

What's going to be crazy is the weather I have now in ABQ will be the weather I get when I get up there in June (75ish), they got snow again! It'll be a change, but I'm mentally prepared for it, we were going to have it worse in Montreal. I'm still going to need some warm clothes badly though... I realized I still only have 5 or 6 long sleeve shirts and the rest are summery. Definitely going to have to change my wardrobe.

Be praying that God works out all these little details for before we leave as well as all the stuff once we arrive, like finding jobs and a nice place to live that fits in our budget. I'm excited to see how God will take care of us during this time because as of right now we have nothing lined up for us and we are just walking forward in faith knowing that this is the place God has for us.

6 comments:

eric said...

congratulations on your decision. you will love it here. also, don't worry too much about clothes. you can wear layers and be fine. just make sure you have at least one warm coat.

Bethany said...

I was going to say "buy a snowsuit!" If it's worse than NY, you'll want one ;)

You'll really be fine... A warm coat, thick boots and wool socks. But you won't need any of those until fall (I think... Going from NY winters)

I'm so glad God has given you the confirmation that you needed. We'll be praying for you guys!

Martha said...

I'm not so sure that Montreal winter are worse than Montana's, but then again Montreal is a bit north of here (Rochester, NY) and we have this wonderful lake to keep us just a little bit warmer. We're having a wonderful spring this year!

Congratulations on your grand adventure! It's going to be great!

nick said...

Hey that is exciting. I got on your site to see the cakes...amazing. You guys are so talented. You could definitely keep that up in Montana.

Shaena

Martha said...

Nathan is going to the orphanage in San Martin, El Salvadore with Potter's Field Ranch this summer, July 5-12.

Doug and Amanda said...

I'm still sad...but I am excited for you guys. We must keep in touch though! Cause I love ya!